Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bridging the Gap

I had an unexpected weekday of last week so I arranged to meet with my two teen collaborators. We sat at their dining room table with me on my lap top and them on their ipads. We had a great time doing research of various animals and plotting out the final book, which will help with the first four in the series. When we finished we had all the species for the first four installments and a very good idea what power our bad guy has.

I can't wait to get started on this young adult series. I've even decided to see if I can market it to a large publishing house, instead of a small one, even though the very idea scares me. Still, I know the market is looking for good books. Better still, it will appeal both girls and boys, the latter rarely finding anything they actually want to read.

What I've learned from tutoring is that boys lag far behind girls in reading. While I don't mind writers catering to the female audience, the male one has been largely ignored.

Hopefully, this will be a series that bridges the gap.


No comments:

Post a Comment