Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Blog Hop

 
 
 Fellow Writer Kat Heckenbach invited me to be part of a blog hop. http://www.katheckenbach.com/. Please, check out her blog and see her answers on the following questions.
 
 
 1)      What am I working on? 
I'm a writer who has to have several projects going on at once. I'm editing two anthologies, Supernatural Colorado  and Different Dragons 2. Completing Winter Emergence, the sequel to my first book. I'm working on a collaboration with Julie Campbell and I will writing a book for Sky Warrior Books. The working title is Thunks in the Attic. Not to mention several short stories to submit to various anthologies.
 
 2)       How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I allow my cats to be cats, my wolves to be wolves and any other animal I write to be true to their nature. They aren't people in animal skin. They behaviors, sense of smell, etc. are used instead of how a human would view it. I've even crawled around on the floor to see it from the cat's perspective.
 
I'm also a regional writer. I add local flavor to my work. Many of my stories and books are based in Colorado, or other places I have been. It makes the stories much more real and the reader can identify with them much easier.
 
3)       Why do I write what I do?
I grew up reading Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror, so it was natural progression. I also read romances and written my first. It was rejected, but the editor liked it well enough she's going to let me know what was wrong with it so I can fix and re-submit.
 
I envisioned myself as the next Andre Norton. I loved her work and even have a story of hers in an anthology I edited. Talk about a dream come true!
 
4)       How does your writing process work?
I allow myself to writer the splat. Then I go back to fix it. What's important is to get the basic story down. It doesn't need to be perfect. I also write in odd bits of time. Sometimes it's every day, sometimes it's just whenever.

I always have more story ideas floating around in the back of my head. Several series I'm working on even while I'm trying to complete current projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment