Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Role of the Writer : Mentor & Example

Next is Mentor and Example. In the Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror genre, the older writers mentor the upcoming. They help them by reading their work, critiquing it, when they don't have pressing deadlines, and taking time to answer questions on writing or the business aspect.

They also are watched. Just as I am watching other successful writers to see how they got to where they are, I have other writers watching me aspiring to follow my examples.

These are scarey roles because you want to be encouraging. You also want them to know its not always easy. It can be challenging and sometimes outright frustrating. But well worth the struggle.

Reading Annoucement : I have a reading for Gunslinger and Ghost Stories edited by David B. Riley, Saturday, December 8th at 2 PM. It will be at Who Else Books at Broadway and Cedar in Denver, CO. I will be reading from my story The Ruins along with several other local writers. Come and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment