Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Book signings - Profit not always the way one thinks

Last Saturday I went with several other writers to Colorado Springs for a signing at the Written World Bookstore. Despite advertising both by the store and authors, no one showed up. That was okay. We sat around and talked, read from various pieces we're working on, and got to know the owner of the bookstore.

The real profit for the day was the networking we did. Two of us will be included in a writing challenge. All of us will be part of a new anthology, Supernatural Colorado, I got a nibble on my young adult series and my over fifty romance, which Written World Communications is looking for, now has a home. I just have to do one last edit and format it.

So while we didn't get a chance to sign the anthology we're all in, there was profit to our gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment